This program of education will help individual determine weather or not they are ready to become future homeowner. This counseling will help those individuals to understand and determine their current financial status as well as review and improve their current financial readiness for the Home buying process, assist individuals to successfully identify potential properties and financing opportunities, help individuals gain basis knowledge of the purchase, mortgage and closing process of the home buying procedures. This will help those individual develop and gain an understanding of the basis concepts involved in home maintenance and financial management after a home purchase has been attained.
Pre- Purchase Counseling
This program is offered to individuals’ one-on-one giving the personalized attention deserved. Pre purchase counseling consists of various counseling components designed to fit individual needs as determined. An individual counseling design may consist of three or all of these counseling sessions as follows:
- Budgeting Counseling - Guide customer toward developing and managing a household spending plan, help customers develop an understanding of the importance of saving.
- Credit Counseling – Help customer develop a spending plan to save monies to pay old and unpaid debt. Help customer to develop a strategy to address current and past credit obligations. Encourage the importance of timely payment of monthly obligation and responsible financial behavior.
- Debt Reduction Counseling – Utilization of an automated debt reduction program to assist customer in developing a plan for reducing outstanding debt.
- Follow-up Counseling – Provide assistance; verify information, Follow-up session, track customer progress, update counseling logs, updating customer program status: appointments, file close-outs, participants withdrawals.
- Mortgage Loan Counseling – Provide a basic understanding of the Pre-qualification session, Loan documentation session, Pre-application Session, Mtg. Loan application session and Loan Document session.
- Home Purchase Counseling- Prepare customer for closing and reviewing of closing documents.
- Insurance Counseling – Help customer secure proper insurance coverage, refer customer to homeowner’s insurance providers and review insurance policies to insure proper coverage.
Post Purchase Education
Provide basis instruction to make homeownership sustainable. Educational sessions are designed to provide knowledge and equip individual with a concrete methodology to home maintenance and repair techniques as well as financial management strategies and guidelines after home purchase has been attained. Post purchase education will also provide individual with the basis understanding of various preventive maintenance terminology.
Click here to download MACE Housing Pre-Screen Application